|“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come,” says the Bible (Joel 2:31).
For many years now I’ve always been fascinated by two things. One being the what is known as the Blood Moon tetrad and how they are interpreted as the end of times signs and the other is the predictions of the Popes by St. Malachy which have all come true. I did some extensive research and what I found is fascinating indeed. I provided some links below for further research if anyone is interested.
From the beginning, in Genesis, God declared that He specifically created the sun and the moon to be used for signs. These heavenly bodies would be used as signals of coming dramatic historical events when the Creator of the universe would intersect with human history.
The Blood Moon Prophecy is an apocalyptic belief promoted by Christian ministers John Hagee and Mark Biltz, which states that a tetrad (a series of four consecutive lunar eclipses—coinciding on Jewish holidays—with six full moons in between, and no intervening partial lunar eclipses) which began with the April 2014 lunar eclipse is a sign of the end times as described in the Bible in Acts 2:20 and Revelation 6:12. The tetrad ended with the September 2015 lunar eclipse on September 27–28.
On April 15, 2014, there was a total lunar eclipse. It was the first of four consecutive total eclipses in a series, known as a tetrad; a second one took place on October 8, 2014, third one on April 4, 2015 and the remaining one took place on September 27, 2015. It is one of eight tetrads during the 21st century AD. As with most lunar eclipses, the moon appeared red during the April 15 eclipse. The red color is caused by Rayleigh scattering of sunlight through the Earth’s atmosphere, the same effect that causes sunsets to appear red. Hagee also connects the solar eclipse of March 20, 2015 in the middle of the sequence.
In 2007, Pastor Mark Biltz, founder of El Shaddai Ministries in Washington state and a well-known commentator on the biblical “Feasts of the Lord,” first discovered the correlation between blood moons that fell on Jewish feast days and key historical world events. He found the divine link between prophecy, heavenly signs and historical events, and what has happened when they intersect.
Biltz tells the story in his own 2014 book of how his research into the phenomenon began in March 2008 when he saw on the Internet a total lunar eclipse over the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.
“I had read all the Bible verses in Isaiah, Joel, the Gospels and Revelation where the text talks about the moon turning to blood and the sun to sackcloth,” he wrote. “I began to ponder the possibilities of tying the eclipses mentioned in the Bible to the possible coming of the Messiah. Because I love science and astronomy, I decided to look into the future occurrences of eclipses. I remembered that NASA has a list of eclipses that covers 5,000 years, so I went to the website to see what interesting observations I could find. I noticed that there were four total lunar eclipses in a row in 2014 and 2015.”
Biltz went on to explain how he was shocked to find all four eclipses fell on the biblical holidays of Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles.
Then he went back to NASA’s website to check the history of such occurrences – four total blood moons in a row – called a tetrad.
“I noticed there weren’t any in the 1600s, 1700s or even the 1800s,” he wrote. “The last time there was a tetrad was back in the 1900s, and to my amazement, they also fell on the feasts of Passover and Tabernacles. When I noticed the years these phenomena occurred, my mind began reeling. The last two times there were four blood moons in a row, they happened, first, right after Israel became a nation in 1948, and then again when Israel retook Jerusalem in 1967.
Around 2008, Biltz began predicting that the Second Coming of Jesus would occur in the fall of 2015 with the seven years of the great tribulation beginning in the fall of 2008. He said he had “discovered” an astronomical pattern that predicted the next tetrad would coincide with the end times. When the prediction failed, he pulled the article from his website, but continued to teach on the “significance” of the tetrad.
Hagee would later seize on Biltz’ prediction to write Four Blood Moons, which would become a best seller,did not proclaim that any specific “end times” event would occur (as did Biltz in his original prophecy), but claimed that every prior tetrad of the last 500 years coincided with events in Jewish and Israeli history that were originally tragic, yet followed by triumph.
Writing for Earth & Sky Bruce McClure and Deborah Byrd point out that the referenced verse also says the “sun will be turned into darkness”, an apparent reference to a solar eclipse. They note that since the Jewish Calendar is lunar, one sixth of all eclipses will occur during Passover or Sukkot. Furthermore, there have been 62 tetrads since the first century AD, though only eight of them have coincided with both feasts. Thus, the event is not as unusual as Hagee and Biltz imply. Additionally, three of the four eclipses in the tetrad were not even visible in the biblical homeland of Israel, casting further doubt on Hagee and Biltz’s interpretation; even then, only the very end of the last eclipse was visible in Israel.
The Malachy Prophesey
The most famous and best known prophecies about the popes are those attributed to St.
Malachy. In 1139 he went to Rome to give an account of the affairs of his diocese to the pope, Innocent II. While at Rome, he received (according to the Abbé Cucherat) the strange vision of the future wherein was unfolded before his mind the long list of illustrious pontiffs who were to rule the Church until the end of time. The same author tells us that St. Malachy gave his manuscript to Innocent II to console him in the midst of his tribulations, and that the document remained unknown in the Roman Archives until its discovery in 1590. They were first published by Arnold de Wyon, and ever since there has been much discussion as to whether they are genuine predictions of St. Malachy or forgeries.
In describing these Popes Malachy uses symbolic language rather than names , but it is eerily accurate. For instance he describes Pope John Paul 11 as the Pope of the eclipse. When John Paul (Karol Wojtyla) was born there was an eclipse and the day he died there was an eclipse. Benedict xvi is known as Gloria Olivae since Benedict came from an order known as the Olivetans. Malachy predicted that before the end of times a Pope from this order would be elected and triumphantly lead the church in a fight against evil.
The prophecy of St. Malachy contains five elements:
1. There is going to be a final pope.
2. During his reign, the Roman Catholic Church will be judged.
3. During his papacy, Rome, the city of seven hills, will be destroyed.
4. The last pope will be the 112th pope from 1139 AD.
5. The clue to his identity is “Peter the Roman”.
The prophecies of the Bible perfectly agree with the first three points of the Malachy prophecy. The Bible foretells that there will be a final pope. It’s states that judgment will be poured out on the Roman Church during the reign of the last pope. And the scriptures graphically portray the destruction of Rome, the city of seven hills, during the reign of the final pope.
The scriptures do not say several things that the prophecy of Malachy says about the final pope. They also give us much more information about the last pope than Malachy gave. The differences are as follows:
1. The Bible states that a final pope is coming. However, it does not say he will be the 112th pope from 1139 AD.
2. The scriptures say nothing about “Peter the Roman”.
3. The Bible says the last pope will be in alliance with the world’s last political leader – the Antichrist.
4. The scriptures call the last pope the False Prophet.
5. The biblical prophecies say the final pope will perform many signs and lying wonders, even pulling down fire from heaven. These miracles will be used to deceive the people of the world.
6. The final pope will influence the world to give their allegiance to the Antichrist and his one-world government.
7. The False Prophet will endorse a program of global socialism, causing all people to receive a mark or number that will be required for buying and selling. This “Mark of the Beast” will apparently be a global scheme for wealth redistribution (social justice). The Food and Drug Administration gave its approval for an implantable microchip to be used for medical purposes. This paves the way for the prophecies in the Bible’s Book of Revelation which foretold about a coming mark that would be put into everyone’s right hand or forehead. The book of Revelation was written by John the Prophet about 2000 years ago and now the technology has come out in the last few years to make this happen.
8. The Second Coming of Jesus will end the reign of the Antichrist and the False Prophet. At that time they will both be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 19:20).
These last three predictions sound eerily like what is happening today with all the talk of globalism and the U.N. becoming a one world government that Obama is endorsing with other socialists.
There are some factors that seem to indicate Pope Francis who is the112th Pope could well be the False Prophet while others would argue against it.
1. The Holy Roman Empire, which will be in power during the reign of the Antichrist and the False Prophet, was reborn on November 3, 2009. (See Endtime’s DVD, Holy Roman Empire Reborn).
2. We are moving into a system of global governance right now through the process of globalization.
3. Most of the world is presently rejecting capitalism and embracing socialism.
4. All the prophecies that are to occur during the reign of the Antichrist and the False Prophet are shaping up at this time. (See Endtime’s DVD series, Understanding the Endtime).
5. Pope Francis is a strong proponent of “social justice”, which is simply a politically correct term for socialism.
6. Pope Francis’ lifestyle of humility and simplicity is causing him to become very popular very quickly.
7. Pope Francis is the first Jesuit pope ever.
The biggest factor against Pope Francis fulfilling the Bible’s prophecies about the False Prophet is his age.
There is a seven-year period that will begin upon the signing of a Palestinian-Israeli peace agreement. The reign of the Antichrist and the False Prophet will be terminated at the end of this seven-year period. If the final seven years started next year, which doesn’t appear likely at this time, the pope would be 84 at the time of Armageddon. If the final seven years begins in two or three years, the pope would be even older by the time all of the prophesied world events culminated. Although it’s not impossible that the False Prophet could fulfill his prophesied role at the age of 86 or 87, it doesn’t appear likely.
Outside of the age factor, it appears that Pope Francis, with his strong embrace of social justice, could qualify as the last pope. If Malachy’s prophecy that the 112th pope will be the last pope is true, then Francis is definitely the False Prophet. However, we must remember that the Bible doesn’t say this, and the Bible must always be our final authority, not Malachy.
The bottom line is that we can’t yet say for sure whether this pope is the final one or whether a future pope will fulfill that role. We will just have to wait and see how events develop. But it certainly is going to be interesting, isn’t it? I report. You decide.
St Malachy’s Prophecy of the Popes | Catholic-Pages.com (check out this link for all 112 Popes and Malachy’s descriptions of each one.)