When I first wrote my blog that I sent out and posted it was right after the debate and I was up to 3 a.m. writing it and listening to commentators. As I ‘m more rested now,I am taking a second look at things.
I think Trump could have come out more swinging like he usually does and like we expected him too. Hillary was baiting him throughout and he was taking the bait. She was well rehearsed and prepared while he was just winging it. He said on Fox and Friends that he has seen people practice for debates and then freeze when the time comes so you just have to be yourself. He should prepare more for the next debate which I hear is going to be a town hall style with questions taken from the internet and by people in the audience. Public to Vote on Questions in Next Presidential Debate – The Atlantic That’s not a good idea either because the committee that selects the questions can select questions biased in favor of Hillary.
The entire debate was set up against Trump. Why was Hillary not asked about the Clinton foundation and the many horrors she has caused and/or helped cause over the years? Why doesn’t the media stop picking on Trump and give him a real chance for a fair fight? Trump is so right, this whole election is rigged. Trump was challenged on his answers Monday night at Hofstra University in New York at least six times by NBC’s Lester Holt, according to the Washington Examiner‘s count. Hillary Clinton, meanwhile was given no follow-up questions for the 90-minute debate.
Over the course of the first presidential debate, moderator Lester Holt interrupted Donald Trump a record 41 times to either fact-check or follow-up on the Republican’s statements. Holt did the same only seven times for Hillary Clinton. While he pressed Trump on everything from Birtherism (which Clinton’s campaign started in 2008) to his inconsistencies on the Iraq War, Holt failed to ask Clinton about Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, her ever-deepening email scandal, or her “deplorables” smear. He also somehow forgot to bring up the issue of immigration.
Brent Bozell of the Media Research Center issued the following statement about the debate and it’s moderator, Lester Holt: “Lester Holt clearly heard the cries of his colleagues in the liberal media to be tough on Trump and ease up on Hillary loud and clear. Holt continually challenged, fact-checked, and interrupted Trump and not once challenged Hillary.”
I also thought Trump was too gentlemanly albeit classy when going against Hillary with not replying to her attack about him calling women names by saying he could have said something, but didn’t because her daughter was there. He could have said how she refers to special needs kids as retards. He could have said how she went after all the women her husband abused like an attack dog and called them “bimbos” and still have appeared classy. I’m sure Chelsea knows what a scoundrel her father is.
Now thanks to a tweet by Howard Dean they are saying Trump was on cocaine because of all the sniffing he was doing and may be on amphetamines because he has boundless energy and doesn’t sleep much and eats all the wrong foods. They will say anything to bring a good man down. If we’re going to go down that route then when Bill was president he had a red nose all the time and did a lot of sniffing. There was a lot of talk about the cocaine smuggling that was going on in the Mena, Ark. airport and Clinton’s brother Roger said his brother “has a nose like a vacuum cleaner” and people saw Clinton sniffing cocaine. What’s Going On With Trump’s Sniffling? – The Atlantic
At Monday night’s debate Hilary miraculously was bright and composed for 90 minutes and didn’t show any sign of her ailments that were so frequent at her appearances. No coughing, no need for a bathroom break, no twitches, no fainting spells so what was she on? Just antibiotics like she says? MEDICAL MIRACLE: SHE STANDS FOR 90 MINUTES!
I found an interesting point/counter point with the fact checking NBC did which shows that can be biased too.
NBC News and our friends at PolitiFact fact checked the first presidential debate. Here’s what we found.
- Trump said it’s “wrong” that he supported the invasion of Iraq. It’s not.
- Trump said he told Howard Stern “very lightly, I don’t know, maybe, who knows?” about the war in Iraq. Trump actually said“I guess so, yeah.”
- Trump said Clinton and her campaign started the “birther” movement. They didn’t.
- Trump said it was “wrong” to say that stop-and-frisk racially profiled individuals.It was.
- Trump said ending stop-and-frisk made the city more dangerous. It didn’t.
- Trump said murder is up in New York City. It’s not.
- Trump said he “did not say” global warming is a hoax. He did.
- Clinton denied that she said TPP was the “gold standard” of trade deals. She did.
- Clinton said “the only two” tax returns Trump’s released showed he didn’t paid taxes those years. They did show that, butthe same records show he did pay federal income taxes in three other years.
- Trump said “you will learn more” from financial disclosure than from tax returns.You won’t.
- Clinton said Trump rooted for the housing crisis. He did repeatedly sayit could benefit him as an investor.
- Trump said “nobody knows” the DNC hack was perpetrated by Russians. U.S. intelligence say they have a “high confidence”it was.
- Trump said ISIS controls “a lot of” oil in Libya. They don’t.
- Trump said the U.S. should have taken Libya’s oil. That violatesthe Geneva Convention.
- Trump said that endorsement was 16,500 Border Patrol; it is 6,700 officers, agents, and ICE employees.
- Trump said he started his company with a “very small loan in 1975,” while Clinton said he got $14 million from his father. She’s right: Trump got millions more than he acknowledges.
- Trump said Clinton has been fighting ISIS for her entire adult life. It’s only beenaroundfor a fifth of her adult life.
- Trump said Clinton is spending “hundreds of millions” on ads against him. She’s spent $96.4 million.
- Trump said he “didn’t say” women don’t deserve equal pay unless they do as good a job as men. In October,Trump told a young woman who asked if she’d make equal pay under a Trump presidency, “you’re gonna make the same if you do as good a job.”
- Trump said he “never said” pregnancy is an inconvenience to employers. He did.
Now for an excellent response counterpoint!!
+REAL FACTS: Trump, as a private citizen not privy to intelligence reports said “I guess so” about Iraq in 1999 on a shock jock show, he then took a serious look at the situation and made PUBLIC statements against invading Iraq including in a magazine article in 2002, BEFORE THE WAR.
+Hilliary Clinton’s campaign manager AND Syd Blumenthal a Hilliary campaign adviser sent a reporter TO KENYA to try to obtain a Kenyan birth certificate for Barrack Obama in 2008. Their is a paper trail and her former campaign manager recently admitted it in an interview.
+Stop and frisk is used ALL over the country and NOT just for black American’s, anyone that ever watched the show COPS can see that. It has been used in our metro area for 50 years. My 60 year old white businessman husband was pulled over for a seat belt violation last month and they frisked him.
+ISIS does receive support from those now in charge of the Libyan oil reserves according to military leaders.
+You do NOT show the entities you owe money to on a family held business tax return, and there is far more information on Trumps 104 page financial disclosure form on file. I own three small businesses, I know this for a FACT.
+Trumps reference to Hillary fighting ISIS her whole adult life was an OBVIOUS sarcastic statement to show the absurdity of how long she has been making constant claims that she has fought ISIS successfully.
+Obviously she would make equal pay if she did a good job, EVERYONE that works at a merit based position or a commissioned position make the same of more than others if they do as good a job, but less if they do not do a good job. Trump has a decades long record for paying EQUAL pay for men and women in ALL his businesses, but if you do not do a good job, you do not get pay advances, man or woman. Hilliary Clinton STILL pays women less at both her foundation and in her campaign.
+This statement that employers are inconvenienced by pregnancy was taken out of context, it is a FACT that businesses ARE inconvenienced by pregnancy, but I watched this entire interview and Trump was answering a direct question and went on to explain that his businesses accommodate women who chose to start a family, that family is important and that it has no effect on their position with his company. This was followed by an interview with one of his female executives that confirmed that Trump is pro women and pro family and was indeed understanding and accommodating. INDEPENDENT SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS FOR TRUMP!